Keyboard typing weird characters

December 12, 2005 at 07:31:59
Specs: XP, 256

I must have pressed a weird combination of keys on our computer keyboard yesterday. It means that now, whenever we press certain keys on the right-hand side of the keyboard, they come out with numbers or symbols. The only way of countering this is to press the “fn” key at the same time as you press these certain keys. Very frustrating, as you can imagine. We’ve tried switching on and off of course, but no joy there. Any ideas how we can get things back to normal?

See More: Keyboard typing weird characters

Report •

December 12, 2005 at 11:34:44

You pressed the numlock key (probably on a laptop that uses an external 10key). Press shift numlock.

Report •

December 13, 2005 at 06:41:02

Brilliant! Thank you very much. Problem has been solved!

Report •

Related Solutions

Ask Question