|I think by "top of the screen goes gray", the person may mean the focus is not on the window anymore.|
What kind of keyboard and mouse devices?? USB, PS/2, infra-red, RF devices??
How are they hooked up to computer. straight in, Y-cable, KVM switch??
98% of the population is asleep. The other 2% are staring around in complete amazement, abject terror, or both.