|If you know what you are doing you can open the laptop and individually dry everything.|
I did this once for my daughter when a fellow student in the library accidentally tipped a full 2 Ltr water bottle all over her laptop. The water had even got into the screen. I am glad to say that the laptop and screen (with some help from a hair dryer) survived and is still working a year on.
If you are not willing or able to do this then, take out the laptop battery and open the laptop like a book, rest it on its edge and let any water drain out and leave it standing like that in a warm room and wait for it to dry out and try again.
☺ When everything else fails, read the instructions.