|Hi CathyT, Hope you are good. You can easily connect wireless network to dial-up computer,|
1. Connect the phone line cord to the DB-9 COM port and plug the other end of the line into your telephone jack. Turn on the router and the laptop computer.
2. Turn on the wireless on the laptop by going to "Control Panel" and selecting "Network Connections." You can also turn on the wireless by locating the small wireless icon (a computer with green curved lines next to it) in the lower right-hand side of the screen. Right-click the icon and select "Turn Wireless On."
3. Wait for the laptop to detect the wireless router and connect to it. You may see a prompt that says "Limited Connectivity." In the router's manual, locate the website address to visit to set up the router. Enter this address into your web browser window exactly as it is shown in the manual and press "Enter."
4. Follow the on-screen setup instructions for setting up the wireless modem for dial-up. You will need to configure the modem according to the manufacturer's instructions. Make sure the option for "Dial Out for Connection" is selected.
5. Open the software for your your dial-up Internet service provider. Click on "Connection Settings" and select "Wireless or Local Area Network." Allow the software to detect the wireless router and click "Connect."