|Hello computing community,|
I have a big trouble.. as I cannot get into
windows desktop anymore. I was able to.. but
after I tried to install Ubunutu and erase
Windows XP completely (because of virus
infection), something must have went wrong
with the partitioning.
So below are the things I found that may help
solve this problem I have been struggling on for
1. I let the computer load by itself. It loads
pass the windows loading bar screen and then
pops into a blank screen with a blinking
2. I do a cold boot. I press f12. I check the
hard drive and it is functioning.
3. I reset again as the screen freezes after
4. I press F2 to go into setup. In the bios, I try
to set the boot sequence so that I can boot
from the CD, but the USB CD-ROM drive is
(not present). The IDE Hard drive and USB
floppy drive is also not present. The only thing
that is present is the onboard SATA Hard
5. I load defaults and try again to boot. I save
6. The dell logo screen loads, and then black
screen with the following words:
Floppy diskette seek failure
Performing automatic IDE configuration...
Drive 0: Disk Drive
Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup
Striking F1 Key does not work. F2 works if I
continually press from the time I turn on the
7. The lights on the back of the computer is
Green, green, green, yellow. ABC is green, but
D is yellow.
Dell tells me on page 38 to do this:
But what does that mean?
Anyone have any suggestions or help?
I appreciate it.