|I dont think you understood the problem i was having exactly, maybe i didnt explain it fully but it is now beside the point. The Bios has been flashed and it was unsuccesful for some reason. I may have been a bit vague in my initial post so i apologise but i am going to go through the exact procedure and post exactly what i do and the end response.|
1) After the initial flash I get this screen upon power up: Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0 Bios ROM checksum error Insert system disk and press enter.
2) I created a bootable stiffy disk
3) I downloaded the correct .bin file for my bios as well as the utility to flash it
4) I then booted the computer
5) It boots off the stiffy and i get a prompt A:\>
6) I type dir and get a list of the files on the stiffy, them being command.com BIOS file.bin and AWDFLASH.exe
7) I then type AWDFLASH 49GW1P65.bin /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/wb (As instructed on the Foxconn website)
8) The flash utility loads
9) The table with bloacks on that show the write process comes up briefly
10) I then get this message: Flash ROM is Write-Protected Please make sure whether lockout jumpers is set to correct or not
11) I have not moved any jumpers since the first flash and so i dont understand how it is now suddenly protected.
12) I did move the jumper labeld TBL or sumthing in the manual but it made no difference so i returned it to its original position
I hope this is clearer and more helpful