|External Hard Drive Stops Working Mid-Transfer|
Reading this forum I found this problem:
It is exactly the same as mine:
- I have 4 external hard drives, 2 2tb Fantom Drive Greendrives, 1 1tb FreeAgent GoFlex Drive, and 1 1.5tb older Seagate drive of some sort.
- At various times, some or all of them are plugged into my computer, attempting to transfer data.
- While transferring data, at random times the drive stops working.
- I am unable to cancel the transfer at that point, and trying to access that drive whilst it is frozen crashes explorer.
- All of the drives work completely fine with my laptop which is also running Windows 7 Home, also with 4gb of ram.
- The freezing failure only happens while it is plugged into my desktop.
Any help will be appreciated.