1. Haven't solved the Dell OptiPlex 760 SFF flashing amber power switch after switching the PSU and the M/B. Awaiting a few diagnostic cards to check further.
2. Meanwhile, the vendor of the replacement 760 M/B has sent me a complete Dell OptiPlex 755 SFF computer, less RAM and hard disk, but with a CPU, which I wasn't expecting. All for the cost of P/P. No cost for the computer :) It's working nicely.
3. Samsung [hard] bricked my Samsung Galaxy S in trying to flash it with Australian firmware, but gave me a replacement phone and that annoying "Registration failed (13)" error is no more :)) I bought a cheap dongle to try. It's definitely "hard" bricked as won't light up at all. Could pay to have it fixed or keep it for spare parts unless anybody has any better/cheaper ways to unbrick it.
4. Still trying to get about 8 USB TV dongles to work on W7 and W8. Surprisingly, one of the same model, but older, works fine. Just tried an IT9135 but it couldn't scan any channels.
5. Terabyte Unlimited IFL [Image For Linux] doesn't recognise one of my external USB 2.5" SATA hard disks. Tried most ways of formatting, but no luck.
Time to open new threads I think as too many different ones here.