|"i evenhave some ice in plastic under the laptop...."|
All I can say about that is: ROTFLMAO!!
You have to use the correct amount of thermal paste & it MUST be applied properly, & the heatsink MUST be installed properly. If you get either of them wrong (or both), the CPU will overheat. Interesting that you didn't post the CPU temp...do you know it's overheating or do you just think it's overheating?
When applying the paste on an exposed core CPU, use a tiny dab about the size of a grain of rice, then spread it thinly & evenly over the core only. If you use too much, it prevents the heat from transferring to the heatsink.