|Being that it's your 1st build, I have a few questions?|
- did you do a bench test before installing the hardware in the case?
- after discovering the error with the plastic cover on the water block, did you properly apply thermal paste?
- did you run memtest86 before installing the OS to confirm the RAM is error-free?
- did you manually configure the BIOS settings rather than just loading defaults?
- after installing Windows 7 (which I assume is 64-bit?) was the very 1st driver you installed the chipset driver?
Did you disable Windows auto-restart feature? Doing so will allow a BSOD to be displayed & the STOP code/error message should be helpful in troubleshooting the shutdown problem.