|My Windows XP computer is no longer recognizing my RCA Lyra flash music players. I have an older RD1071 and a new RD2312. When I plug them into the USB port nothing happens. Other USB devices work fine (camera, thumb drive, and card reader). The RD2312 works in my friend's computer. The RD1071 does not and may be toast. Any ideas|
about what is going on with the new player and how I can fix it? So far haven't been able to get in touch with RCA tech support but I doubt if they can help me. Since the unit works in another computer the problem must be with my computer, not the player.
OK here is what I have tried:
Did an uninstall and reinstall of Lyra drivers and Music Match software. Reloaded my computer's original drivers. Tried to update firmware on the players but of course I couldn't because my computer didn't see them on the USB. Have good up-to-date virus and spyware applications on my computer and have run complete scans since problem
arose. Tried to do a system restore but got an error about a non existent hard drive (see below) and XP said it couldn't do it.
A couple things that may have caused or contributed to the problem:
The older RD1071 was acting kind of funny, occasionally when playing the music was garbled and sounded like "monkey talk" so I tried
reformatting it in Windows as an external drive(not with the Lyra software) and it hasn't worked since.
Just before purchasing the new unit I had installed a "questionable" hard drive as a slave in my computer. It crashed and my computer would
not boot up with it installed so I removed it and didn't have boot problems. When I later tried to run system restore in XP, I get an error saying a hard drive has been removed and that the system cannot be restored, even when I pick a restore point at a date before I installed the bad hard drive.
I know this is really long and if you made it all the way through you are a glutton for punishment but thanks!