|If you have paid for the program.....|
How Do I Find My Internet Download Manager Serial Number?
If you have not paid for the program, you don't need it, and the rules of this web site forbid anyone who answers to tell you about any illegal way, in the opinion of the software maker, of getting the serial number for it.
Un-install it in Control Panel - Classic View - Add or Remove Programs.
There are lots of freeware download managers on the web
In any case,
- if you are getting an error message and then your internet browser program, e.g. Internet Explorer, or FireFox, closes after you respond to it, quote the message's words
- your problem regarding the computer Restarting Windows, if that's what it's doing, has probably got nothing to do with it asking you to provide the serial number, or whatever error message you get in your internet browser program. .
If it IS Restarting Windows for no apparent reason....
Win XP is set by default to automatically Restart when it encounters an unrecoverable error.
To have XP possibly display an error message you can investigate instead of the computer rebooting:
1. Click Start, and then right-click My Computer.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. Under System failure, click on the small box beside Automatically restart to remove the check mark.
5. Click OK, and then click OK.
If you then get an error message, look at all of it's details.
If a blue screen appears it will stay on the screen.
Copy down the things that are unique in the message and post them here.
STOP: 0Xx00000xx (we don't need the stuff in brackets beside that)
There may be a problem file named at the end of the text.
There may be a link to More info or similar - if so, click on it to see if it names a problem file.
There may be a mention of a MINIDUMP file having been made - if so, copy down the name and location of it - you may need to click on a link to find that. That MINIDUMP file can be analyzed.