|I have a GA-EP45-DS4P Gigabyte board that boots ok but I can't enter BIOS. On boot if I press DEL or any other key it clicks but does nothing. I've started the machine with the DEL key pressed down and tried all other BIOS keys. Lots of clicking but no BIOS.|
Interesting that after POST with or without keyboard installed I get clicks as if keys are being pressed. I do actuially here clicks when I press the DEL button prior to POST.
Here's what I've tried
1. Tried PS2 keyboard with same result
2. Tried other USB keyboards with same result.
3. Booted with just a keyboard , no hard drive and graphics card installed. Same result
4. Removed motherboard and ran outside the case to eliminate case short- same result
5. Upgraded the BIOS using Gigabytes windows software. No change
I've run out of ideas and I can't understand this. I've built many PC's and never seen this problem. However the machine does work