|After sifting through the forums suggested, I tried the following method on my Canon Pixma MX860 and thank the heavens it worked. Since then I have 'done' several printouts, a few full page photos, deep cleaning and I'm so stellar about the results. This is what I did:|
1. Replace the cartridges - in my case I bought a cheap set from ebay.
2. Washed and soaked the printhead for several hours. THREE TIMES.
3. After drying etc, I put the printhead and cartridges back into the printer.
4. At this point, I switched the printer off and pushed the printhead and cartridges as far left as I could.
5. I switched the machine on and closed the lid.
6. A few beeps and burps later the printer came back on with a ready to print message.
Thanks to everybody and good luck to all of you with a B200 error, Canon's version of the Windows Blue Screen of Death.