|Check to see if your hardware is Windows 7 Compliant first:|
Yes, to check your HDD you can test your HDD with the free manufacturers hard drive utility available from the hard drive manufacturers website to make bootable floppies or CDs to thoroughly test your hard drive surface area, mechanics and electronics:
- Seagate/Maxtor (Maxtor acquired by Seagate): Seatools utility.
- Western Digital: DataLifeguard utility
- Fujitsu: Fujitsu Drive Test (FJDT) utility.
- Hitachi/IBM: Hitachi Drive Fitness (HDFT) utility.
- Samsung: (HUTIL).
- Toshiba (Fujitsu, Samsung or Hitachi utilities may work).
MOOOOooove! OH and you're welcome!