|I have got Satellite C850 (PSKCCA-04H010) with similar problems posted in this forum. Again I will brief it out here: |
(1) Laptop turns on with Num Lock on but no display;
(2) external monitor shows no signs of life; (3) after few minutes the set turns off itself.
After applying all the mentioned (in the forum) steps laptop is in same state with a minor improvement. Having a repairing experience I dismantled the whole unit including the LCD panel the only change I noticed is that the unit is not switching off anymore. Below is the list of things I did:
(1) Cleaned all the sockets on MB;
(2) Opened the LCD panel and did the same as step-1;
(3) Checked the CMOS battery volts. Its showing 2.99 volts.
(4) Cleaned RAM module.
(5) Couldn't find the LCD lid on/off switch which puts the laptop in sleep mode but it appears to be working fine. As soon the cover is closed all the lights go off and they come back on opening the cover.
(6) External monitor is still not working.
My conclusion: It appears the laptop is booting because its responding to FN+F12 (wireless) and power button with 5 seconds delay press time. Shall I suspect the AMD graphics chip which is embedded on MB or is there anything else I may be missing?
Any suggestion will be much appreciated.