|DETAILES OF PROBLEM|
Ok I've been having a problem with my computer lately. First of all, It started when my computer suddenly froze, So I turned it off( by holding down power button) Then when I turned it back on,it would load into the BIOS screen(DELL logo,w/ status bar) for about 3 secs. then it dies off without notice.
Well recently,someone suggested to reinstall the battery (inside; from mother board). SO I removed it,and placed it back,turn the computer back on. It did all the IDE configuration thing....Then an Alert message came up, stating ALERT!|Previous thermal processor failure.(the first time I did this,it said thermal event/error,now it says this all the time I reinstall battery).Also, I checked the system event log(f12) and noticed, it said " CPUO TEMPERATURE" like 10 times.I think it also said CMOS Battery error, but I think that's from the reinstallation of the battery...
SO anyways, I then proceeded into windows... I was able to log in (it didn't die yet) But then after about 5 minutes, It froze again(just like the very beginning),but the computer didn't turn off,it just stayed frozen(I don't know if it would die after like 5 minutes,I didn't wait). I turned off the comp, turn It back on, and did the same thing(shutted off after 3 sec). SO basically It's a repeat. I can only boot up when I reinstall the battery.....but then It does the same thing again(freezes...)
Model: DELL PRECISION WORKSTATION 360
Model #: DHM
Operating system :Windows Xp(SERV.PACK 2)
BIOS: AO1(I believe, I'm not even sure).
THINGS THAT MIGHT'VE CAUSED this....
- Reinstalled windows xp(2 weeks prior to this) using a cd from my HP laptop,which I wasn't sure was a good thing because it's from HP,and has Home Edition, while this WAS a PROFESSIONAL(not 100% sure tho if it was professional).
- Downloaded movies,which were safe,like it had good ratings and comments,(But a Virus couldn't be doing this right?)
- Moved files into a CD to burn.
- Computer is old(from 2007 I think,or 2003.)
- Doesn't get much air I guess(BUT Ive cooled it down,and it keeps happening).
- I don't know if this is a heat-sink/fan problem,a Motherboard problem(not likely ,the dell person said),or hardware problem or w.e.
- I've checked the two fans ,they are running,but a little dust on them(I don't know if there's more fans.
: I checked the big one,and the small one near the USB ports.(I don't know if there's one on the big grey box thing(where the main computer plug connects to)
- Haven't done anything inside the computer.....(ex. cleaning,adding new hard drive etc)
- I've researched and it's mostly form the fan,heatsink,and thermal paste???
Computer kept freezing ,doesn't want to boot up(dies off at splash screen,unless I reinstall battery). Only If I reinstall battery,will it work for about 5 minutes and will then freeze again(I turn it off,and back on and then dies at splash screen again.so I repeat this).Been getting an error: ALERT! previous thermal processor failure(before I got the error: thermal event,and has "cpuo temperature" on event log ).
SO that's pretty much it. Please help me guys, give as much suggestions as you can, But the most accurate ones....and thanks! This would really help me and I hope I'll solve it,and this would also help other people having the same problem.