|Have you tried to format it (assuming you have no data on there) |
Have you checked under 'Manage' to see if the drive is formatted and ready for use?
How To Access Disk Management in Windows 7
1. Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
2. Click on the System and Security link.
Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link so just click on the Administrative Tools icon and skip to Step 4.
3. In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.
4. In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
5. When Computer Management opens, click on Disk Management on the left side of the window, located under Storage.
How To Access Disk Management in Windows 8 or 8.1
1. Open Control Panel
2. Click on or touch the System and Security link.
Note: You won't see System and Security if your Control Panel view is set to Small icons or Large icons.
3. In the System and Security window, click or touch the Administrative Tools heading, located at or near the bottom of the screen. You may need to scroll down to see it.
4. With Administrative Tools now open, double-tap or double-click on Computer Management.
5. With Computer Management now open, click or touch Disk Management, located on the left-hand side of the Computer Management window, under the Storage heading. If you don't see it, you may need to expand Storage by clicking or touching the |> icon next to it.
If the drive appears Black then you may have to format it
message edited by AlwaysWillingToLearn