I have the following issues with Windows 7
(which I did not have with XP):
1. While playing games the game freezes and
when I ALT-TAB to the desktop I get the
message that the display driver has stopped
responding but has recovered. I have a ATi
HD4890 and the latest drivers are installed.
2. Another problem that occur is the screen
goes black and the light turns amber. The
state of this stay the same and I then need to
reboot the PC.
My system specs are:
1. Display card as above
2. Flatron L19500SQ (newest driver)
3. 4GB memory
4. Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core
Processor 5600+, 2900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2
5. BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies,
LTD ASUS M3N-H/HDMI ACPI BIOS Revision
6. Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Gamer (with
Is this a ATi problem? I've read many posts on
this but could not find the solution. I've tried
1. BIOS update
2. Bigger PSU
3. Removed sound card and tried on-board
4. Removed virus software
5. Tried to tweak Win 7 with Ultimate Windows
6. Adjusted my power saving plans - disabled
Is there someone with a solution to this issue.
It's driving me nuts!