How to change extension of a file

May 7, 2007 at 13:01:00
Specs: xp pro, pentium 4
I have vob files and I want to change the extenion from vob to mpeg. How do I do it?

See More: How to change extension of a file

Report •

May 7, 2007 at 14:07:03

Report •

May 7, 2007 at 18:10:25
Unless I missed it, says it can be changed but don't tell how to do it.

Report •

May 8, 2007 at 00:35:17
Open an explorer window (not Internet Explorer, Windows explorer, e.g. My Computer, My Documents, etc), go to Tools and select Folder Options. Click the View tab, scroll down to "Hide extensions for known file types" and remove the check mark. Click Apply, then OK.

Now you can right-click on the file and select Rename. You can change just the extension (VOB to MPEG), or the name and extension.

Hope this helps.

Please let us know if you found someone's advice to be helpful.

Report •

Related Solutions

Ask Question