|Have you ever overclocked an AMD system before?|
I'm not gonna bother searching for your manual, but I will give you some generic pointers.
- you need to disable AI Tuning...that is NOT how to overclock...set it to MANUAL
- set the CPU frequency to 240MHz (for starters)
- set the PCIe frequencies to 100MHz
- assuming you have DDR2-800, set it to 667MHz
- set the HT frequency to 4x
- disable Cool'n'Quiet
- disable ALL Spread Spectrum options
The above will run the CPU at 2.4GHz with the RAM at 800MHz. If you want to shoot for 2.5GHz, simply raise the CPU frequency to 250MHz. This will increase the RAM speed to approx 833MHz...that may or may not be a problem.