USB 1.1 to 2.0 problems.

March 18, 2009 at 11:17:39
Specs: Windows XP
Hey, are there any products available like adapters which I can buy to make my USB (currently 1.1) to 2.0 instead? I need 2.0 for my capture card to work to record computer game footage.

If there aren't any adapters, do you recommend something else?.. my laptop is a Thinkpad T10 and has 2 USB Ports, if this helps.


See More: USB 1.1 to 2.0 problems.

Report •

March 18, 2009 at 11:28:08
You can probably get a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card.

-Ryan Adams
Free Computer Tips and more:

Paid Tech Support: Black Diamond

Report •

March 28, 2009 at 12:39:20
correct. go to a best buy or some other supplier and buy a 2 or 4 port PCI card that will give you USB 2.0 capabilities. if it is undesirable for you to have the USB ports in the back of your computer i suggest buying a hub that has a decently long cable so you can set it next to your keyboard for easy access, not to mention then you will have a cube of 6 usb ports at your fingertips. transfer rate of USB 1.1 is 12 Mb/s and USB 2.0 is 480Mb/s so it'll help with transferring other things to a flash drive. basic 700MB .avi movie (length 1.5 hours) transfers in roughly 1 minute. So the advantages are great. I got one at Best buy and it cost me about $25 after tax. you can find them cheaper online but u will have to wait on the shipping which can be a pain.

Report •

Related Solutions

Ask Question