|ok so im kind of frustrated. You guys are my only hope. |
currently i have a samsung HT-C6530 home theater system hooked up to my xbox 360 elite with an HDMI cable. it has 5.1 channel audio and up until recently it has worked great. i just realized that only the front two speakers (not sure about the subwoofer) have been outputting sound lately. im not sure when exactly this happened (the rear speakers are usually background noise, small sounds, etc) but now all you hear is static from them.
Things i do know,
1. its not the speakers they work fine.
2. its not the theater system. it works fine with movies, including the rear speakers.
3. its not the settings, i have double checked the theater system, the xbox, and the game im trying to play (CoD Black Ops). everything is the same. plus i have experimented with different settings, but nothing helps.
4. everything is relatively new (within a year old) and has worked great so far so i doubt its a internal problem.
5. my blue ray theater and my xbox are both fully updated.
im at the end of my rope. please help!! any advice is appreciated.